CPR Certification Classes for Children – Teaching Responsibility to Fresh Minds
CPR or cardio-pulmonary resuscitation is one protocol of first aid that everyone should learn. One need not be a medical professional to know or use CPR. Today CPR Classes Certification is also promoted in a big way in schools.
Top Reasons Why Children should undergo CPR Classes Certification
- Children are vulnerable and more prone to light accidents like minor falls, burns, and cuts etc to major choking situations. Choking has been diagnosed as the major cause of death amongst children below five years. Death due to sudden cardiac arrest or suffocation is also not rare amongst children. Hence it’s always advisable that kids should be taught about CPR and how to resuscitate someone during an emergency.
- The training will not only make them capable of handling emergency situations but will also make the better and more responsible future citizens.
Appropriate Age to Teach Children
There is no particular specified age for undergoing CPR classes’ certification. The child needs to be capable and strong physically to give compression on an adult chest effectively. It has been found that even nine year olds have learnt and retained the basics of cardiopulmonary resuscitation though their physical strength limits their effectiveness. Hence, it’s certainly advantageous to teach children to understand situations, assess them and take necessary action. If a child is capable enough to dial 911, then he is probably ready to undergo CPR Classes’ Certification.
Guidelines for Parents/Schools/Instructors
- One needs to remember that children don’t have the same attention span as adults. Hence, their learning sessions should be short with frequent breaks. Working on a topic for just about 10 minutes is sufficient.
- By nature, children are always enthusiastic and eager to please. Hence, their instructors should be such that he can encourage their achievement and skill development by being positive or even celebrating.
- Children should undergo CPR classes’ certifications, which are especially designed for them.
- Children lack any preconceived notion or idea of the outcome of a specific technique or whether they will hurt a victim or not. Hence, it is important that children are made aware of consequences, both good and bad.
- Understanding that the students are children, it is imperative that instructions and training do not go overboard. Minimal required information should be imparted.
- If there are any challenges with certification or it’s not required, its best that children learn about hands-only CPR only.
- Even though they cannot perform CPR as effectively as an adult, it’s important to keep them informed, and enable them to ingrain the inputs.
- Introduction To Classical Christian Education – What Makes It Stand Out July 8, 2020
- What are Advantages of Ordering Rakhi Online from Rakhibazaar.com!! July 6, 2020
- About Yes Tuition Agency in Singapore July 6, 2020
- How to form an LLC in Florida July 4, 2020
- All you need to know before choosing a registered agent in Texas July 4, 2020
- Key Tips For Addressing NEET syllabus With Ease June 29, 2020
- How to Prepare for CBSE Maths Exam Using RD Sharma Textbook June 27, 2020