Essay writing is one of the most important skills that you will learn during your university years. For excelling this skill, you have to practise it more and more. Based on this skill you will be graded from the early weeks of your college to the end of your degree programme.
What an essay consists of?
Essay writing involves presenting your own thoughts based on some argument. One must be very clear and persuasive in his approach while writing an essay. The points included within it must be clearly presented. Each point must be emphasised and it must showcase your experience. Your essay should not merely be a list. The use of one-liners or different colored pens won’t help you. Your essay should rather explain the argument and its interpretation.
Before writing an essay, you must write notes, gather all the required sources, and identify the key points. During your research, you may find many interesting points, but ask yourself if they are relevant to the essay or not?
Once the main points are identified, you must develop a layout in which those points must be linked to each other. Good points generally get thrown away. Make sure you focus on the development of the argument which you have made.
The basic rule for writing any essay is to work at the level of paragraphs. A paragraph consists of logically related sentences. You must learn to use various words and phrases. With experience, you may develop wonderful essay writing skills. Start planning and think about your essay well ahead of your deadline.
Essay writing is a simple task which takes a lot of time. There are several stages in it such as researching well, making an outline, coming up with rough drafts, doing final reviewing, and then preparing the body.
The most essential part of every essay is the title and the conclusion. Title must be very catchy. It should reflect the ideology of the writer. New ideas or thoughts must not be included in the conclusion part. A conclusion must be a brief summary of all the points that you have tried to explain in your essay. It must not be forced.
Writing is sometimes difficult since you are not aware about the audience, so never come up with fake stories. The essay must represent your ideas and your interpretation based on a given subject.
- Avoid using any kind of figure of speech.
- Don’t use “unnecessarily” long words.
- Try to write in active voice as far as possible.
- Don’t use jargons or any kind of scientific words that are hard for the readers to interpret.
Kurt Vonnegut’s (famous American writer) made seven rules for writing well:
- Find a subject you care about.
- Do not ramble though.
- Keep it simple.
- Have the guts to cut.
- Sound like yourself.
- Say what you mean to say.
- Pity the readers.
Particularity and briefness is the key to success while writing an essay. You can always pay a visit to www.customwritingservice.com to avail a good essay writing service.
Author Box:- Arthur Cooper lays out the complete chart on how to master essay writing of your own. If you need a professional help, he always recommends customwritingservice.com for quality service.
- Selecting A Classical School For Your Child: An Overview! October 9, 2020
- Why Start Instagram Marketing and How to Set an Instagram Profile Page? October 7, 2020
- Online Education for PLC Programming – The Basic Concepts October 5, 2020
- Why are E-Learning Companies in India Focusing on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality eLearning Solutions? September 29, 2020
- Four Reasons to Let Professional Commercial Cleaners Clean your Office September 28, 2020
- Chinese Tuition September 28, 2020
- Online College Hacks September 22, 2020